Buying property has many layers, rather like peeling an onion. As a selling and buyers agent for over 40 years I have learnt that it is important to have a strategy and be prepared to learn along the way. We call it the “Roller Coaster” of buying property. It is home hunting of the emotional sense. It will be good, bad and sometimes frustrating, but we are here to make the process easy.
Here are few buying tips:
- Make a plan
- Ask yourself the question, “What is the most important factor for your home/ property?” – write it down
- Have a “wish list” and a “reality check list”
- Budget – Give yourself a range from the lowest to the highest. Then add another 10%
- Identify the area you want to buy
- Get alerted – register with internet/web real estate search engines
- Get a Buyers Agent – you need help. It can be a complex process but a good professional will listen, support and find that right property. Look at our Buyers Agent Service.
- Start a scrap book – create a file
- Consider every property – Inspect then reject
- Review your “wish list” constantly, as well as the area you think you want to buy property in
- Get to know the Agents – Take time to really introduce yourself. You need to know a good selling Real Estate Agent. Find out more about us.
- Establish a relationship with your preferred Real Estate Agent
AN IMPORTANT SURVIVAL TIP – REMEMBER TO LAUGH!